Multiple Benefits in Graphene-Enhanced Concrete
XG Sciences xGnP graphene nanoplatelets extend concrete lifetime and performance through increased crack resistance and compressive strength. Graphene enhanced concrete also offers the following unique benefits over incumbent concrete mixtures by:
- Reducing initial pre-stress shrinkage
- Creating a barrier shield for moisture, acids, and permeable gases
- Protecting from corrosion of reinforcing materials
- Improving performance and resistance in freeze-thaw cycling
Benefits in Asphalt
xGnP can also be leveraged in asphalt projects to improve thermal stability and flexibility to reduce cracking and improve asphalt longevity. xGnP can benefit your asphalt mixture by:
- Increasing road lifetime performance, thus reducing resurfacing requirements
- Enhancing thermal stability over the summer heat and winter freeze temperatures
- Improving compression and flexural strength resulting in less overall concrete required
Current development is ongoing to fully unlock the full range of benefits on a commercially viable scale that graphene can add to asphalt binding mixtures to build more durable future materials.
XG Sciences also offers graphene for concrete in liquid concentrate and powder consistencies.
Ready-to-use liquid xGnP Concrete™ is in a semi-solid consistency that can be added directly into your mixing procedures with the proper recommendations.
Powder xGnP graphene nanoplatelets are in a form that can be integrated into your existing supply chain. Powder forms can also be post-process functionalized to meet your specific regional or application needs.
Let’s Get Started
XG Sciences produces graphene in various forms customizable to your manufacturing systems. These value-added substrates include liquid solutions (dispersions), master batches (composites) and graphene powders.
Contact us today to discuss the optimal graphene solution for your next project.