Incorporating xGnP graphene nanoplatelets into Polyethylene Terephthalate (PET) and High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) resins for use in containers deliver benefits in the production processes and in the final container.
- Reduces blow molding IR energy consumption, which can generate energy savings of between 20-56%
- Increases tensile strength and stiffness to deliver a more durable container and/or lightweight bottle
- Allows a higher concentration of Post-Consumer Recycled Resin (PCR) to be used without compromising bottle performance
- Reduces thermal degradation of the resins by lowering the manufacturing process temperatures
- Improves barrier performance through the bottle
Metal Container Coatings
Demonstrated in an industrial application, xGnP graphene nanoplatelets improve anti-corrosion performance for steel cans. Coatings containing xGnP reduce and/or mitigate environmental corrosive effects in non-BPA protective coatings. The graphene nanoplatelets create a tortuous path structure in the coating that slows/prevents moisture and oxygen from reaching the metal surface.
Let’s Get Started
XG Sciences produces graphene in various forms customizable to your manufacturing systems. These value-added substrates include liquid solutions (dispersions), master batches (composites) and graphene powders.
Contact us today to discuss the optimal graphene solution for your next project.